Thursday, January 12, 2023

Moses

 

Daily Gratitude Year Eleven- Day 12: Today, I am grateful for Moses.

I love this quote from D.L. Moody:

"Moses spent forty years thinking he was somebody; forty years learning he was nobody; and forty years discovering what God can do with a nobody." - DL Moody

Moses is one of my favorites. He is flawed and fearless at times. Other times, he over reacts or presses the envelope. There were times Moses went too far and God had to respond. 

God loved Moses and used Him to free Israel from slavery! Moses was often full throttle. Other times, God pursued Moses for answers or actions. Yes, Moses is a life worth studying.  

When God gave Moses direction to lead the nation out of slavery, Moses replied:

"God said to Moses, “I am who I am.” And he said, “Say this to the people of Israel: ‘I am has sent me to you.’”- Exodus 3:14

Who sent you?" What better response than, "I AM who I am?" 

Today, I am grateful for Moses.


No comments:

Post a Comment