Saturday, January 28, 2023

Record Keeping

 

Daily Gratitude Year Eleven- Day 28: Today, I am grateful for recordkeeping. 

I just received my W-2 at work. (For my international friends, it is paperwork for paying our State and Federal taxes.) Instead of complaining, I am going to celebrate Adam and Zach who make sure we all have what we need when it is time to do our taxes. 

Today, I will celebrate the farm families, hair salons, local shop and other small business owners who keep records, gather the data and the accountants who help make sense of it all before taxes are due. 

Do I love paying taxes? No. Am I grateful for some of things they help provide? Absolutely! 

I may have to do another recordkeeping post related to genealogy. I've been playing on some genealogy  websites and have made some very interesting discoveries. It is quite a "rabbit hole", but a fun one. I love it when there are multiple sources to click on and explore. Many families have done their recordkeeping well.  

The scripture mentions some recordkeeping, too. 

"And the very hairs on your head are all numbered. " -Matthew 10:30

Wow! Right? It is a reminder that our God is not unconcerned or unaware of our needs. He knows them all. 

There is one record where we want to be sure and find our name:

"Nothing evil will be allowed to enter, nor anyone who practices shameful idolatry and dishonesty—but only those whose names are written in the Lamb’s Book of Life." -Revelation 21:27

Be diligent. Be faithful. Be intentional. 

Today, I am grateful for  recordkeeping

No comments:

Post a Comment