Wednesday, January 25, 2023

Potty Breaks


Daily Gratitude Year Eleven- Day 26: Today, I am grateful for potty breaks. 

In ten years,  I do not believe I have given thanks for potty breaks.  Don't laugh. They are necessary creature comforts.  I've been in quite a few meetings lately. I've been reminded of the gift of a potty break. 

I remember when the kids were little, we knew that they could not wait when they declared their need for a bathroom break. How many times did we use the side of the road. The benefit of boys, right? It was easy. Not so much for us girls, but desperate times can call for desperate measures. 

Now... if you have never been to "Wally's" on Interstate 55 between Bloomington and Chicago, you have to be sure and stop there. It is clean and has so many fun things to see.  There were no "Wally's" on our trips when I was younger. 

How many times did we rejoice on trips because we knew a fast food restaurant  was going to give us a meal and bladder relief? We always felt a little extra grace when we didn't have to resort to a gas station. 

The image today reminds of a time not that long ago. We were all very concerned about not having toilet paper.  Many of us will never look at it the same way again. Today,  a cousin's daughter posted  "Jehovah Jireh!" I don't know where that is filled in my brain, but I instantly knew that it meant "God Our Provider."  I looked it up to confirm, but it is indeed the meaning of the name. 

Jehovah Jireh! Say it out loud, then say it again. 

"For God is the one who provides seed for the farmer and then bread to eat. In the same way, he will provide and increase your resources and then produce a great harvest of generosity in you." -2 Corinthians 9:10

He provides all of our needs, one day at a time. Let us not take the littlest of blessings for granted. 

Today, I am grateful for potty breaks. 


No comments:

Post a Comment