Sunday, January 1, 2023

Intention

Daily Gratitude Year Eleven- Day 1: Today, I am grateful for intention.

It is a time to do something "old" and begin something "new". Both, with intention. Daily Gratitude is an old practice.  As I mentioned a few days ago, my OLW... my one little word... for 2023 is "intention."  Sometimes, I am scrambling for a new word, but not this year. Intention found me. 

"Be intentional."  "Act with intention." Intention means to act deliberately and on purpose. All variations of the word will be considered and explored. I am always excited to see where the focus leads. 

This scripture is about intentional rejoicing. Do not get lazy about praising! 

Whatever happens, my dear brothers and sisters,  rejoice in the Lord. I never get tired of telling you these things, and I do it to safeguard your faith. (Philippians 3:1)

I love this scripture about intentional praise in all circumstances. Whatever happens... rejoice!  Why? Because intentional praise and gratitude help to "safeguard our faith." 

Life has so many distractions. So many things that  can cause us to stray off course. When we act with intention, it is a sign we are paying attention. When we pause to praise, we refocus on The One who is worthy of our praise. 

Our fur-baby, Daisy Mae, is head over heels about the Love-of-My-Life. Daisy Mae wants to be as close to Randy as she can possibly be. She definitely wants to be between us... but she doesn't want there to be any space between him and her. She prefers to lay on top of him like a blanket, so she doesn't miss a move he makes. She is his 70lb weighted blanket much of the time. She loves me, but she worships him. 

On a spiritual level, I can learn from her unabashed devotion. Do I intentionally seek out time with the Lord? Is my desire to be as close to Him as I can possibly be? We are instructed to seek Him with a purpose. 

As 2023 begins, we have choices to make.

Today, I am grateful for intention.


No comments:

Post a Comment