Thursday, January 26, 2023

Sacred in the Ordinary

Daily Gratitude Year Eleven- Day 26: Today, I am grateful for the sacred in the ordinary. 

Many years ago my friend, Sally,  gifted me with my first "Every Moment Holy" book. Like her, I purchased some to give as gifts. It is full of prayers and blessings for the ordinary moments in life. 

There is blessing for that first cup of coffee. There is one for a sports competition. These are the ordinary moments where we can look for the sacred. 

Kelly Rae Roberts is an artist that speaks to my creative soul. I have one of her prints in my kitchen. She is whimsical and messy. Some of her quotes are perfect. Look at this wish:

"My wish for you is that you feel the full breath of possibility. That you feel your fears & act anyway. That you listen to what's calling you. That you find the sacred in the ordinary... and that love and kindness embrace your heart always. " -Kelly Rae Roberts

"The sacred in the ordinary"... the holy moments in the everyday  that come and go with no fanfare. When life has big changes, the ordinary becomes a source of joy,  peace, and comfort. We can choose to live well with others, seeking out healthy relationships. 

I love this passage:

"Live in harmony with each other. Don’t be too proud to enjoy the company of ordinary people. And don’t think you know it all!" - Romans 12:16

Love each other, support each other and savor the sacred, ordinary moments with intention. 

Today, I am grateful for the sacred in the ordinary. 

No comments:

Post a Comment