Saturday, December 30, 2023

For Keeps

Daily Gratitude Year Eleven-Day 364- Today, I am grateful to be claimed "for keeps."

Remember calling "for keeps" in childhood trades? It was all part of the trading game. Kids love to swap things. There are times the value they place on items is different from the actual  monetary value. Adults know what items cost. Kids just know what they value. 

"For keeps" means you do not have to give something back. It is a permanent trade. ]

This passage struck a tender chord today. The entire passage of Psalm 43 is one I should consider memorizing. It is rich in the attributes and promises of God.  


“From eternity to eternity I am God. No one can snatch anyone out of my hand. No one can undo what I have done.” -Isaiah 43:13

When we trade in our sins for His forgiveness, He claims us "for keeps." We will not be consumed by the waters, the fires, or the storms of life. We are never alone. We are claimed, covered, and declared as His. For keeps! 

Today, I am grateful to be claimed "for keeps."

No comments:

Post a Comment