Friday, December 1, 2023

Holiday Movie Recommendations

 

Daily Gratitude Year Eleven-Day 334 - Today, I am grateful for holiday movie recommendations.

 Jim Henson’s holiday movie, "Emmet Otter’s Jug-Band Christmas," is apparently a classic. I do not know  it. It is based on "The Gift of the Magi." That is recommendation enough for me, but when both Chris Carter and Julie Nordmeyer-Cailteux both recommend it, I have to watch. 

I know, some of you are wondering if I was born under a rock, but I honestly have no recollection of this film. 

One of our gratitude prompts for our work challenge asked what holiday movie turned our hearts toward gratitude. It is a hard question when there are so many great ones. Some increased our gratitude because of the message. Other, because of the people and the memories associated with watching the classics over and over again. 

Every year, when Christmas rolls around, I wonder what new joys will be revealed in the season if I am intentional. The fact of the matter is that the miracle of Christmas never gets old. His grace feels fresh and new every year, because human reason will never make sense of it all. His love for this broken, fallen, confused, and often dark world cost Him his life. Still, He loves. 

 “For this is how God loved the world: He gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life." -John 3:16

Today, I am grateful for holiday movie recommendations.


No comments:

Post a Comment