Friday, December 8, 2023

She Loves My Shoes

 

Daily Gratitude Year Eleven-Day 341- Today, I am grateful she loves my shoes.

Our Friday nights are still precious when it works out that we can gather. We've been at it for more than 30 years. 

This little one melts my heart. She is always willing to dance with "Aunt Valerie." I was sitting at the dinner table when she shuffled over in my animal print shoes. She was quite satisfied with her accomplishment. 

Nora Claire is Ryan and Anna's youngest. There are times I still can't believe we have a girl in the Leander/Smith clan. She is always ready to dance, high five, and shake her "cookies". She is talking more every day and "baby" has been added to her vocabulary. Her first 14 months have flown by so fast. 

During this advent season, I am always humbled by the reality that Jesus would take on human skin. It was surely uncomfortable. His birth was humble. His trade was one that meant his hands would know bruises, bangs, and probably cuts, too. Did he tolerate the injuries, or did he heal them? We do not know. We can only speculate. 

We do know that years later, when the wine ran out at a friend's wedding, Mary knew her son had the power to fix things. I wonder how she knew? What had she observed? 

I am so grateful we have a Savior who was willing to wear "the shoes that didn't fit" to pay a debt he didn't owe, so we could be forgiven and free.  

"How beautiful on the mountains are the feet of those who bring good news, who proclaim peace, who bring good tidings, who proclaim salvation, who say to Zion, “Your God reigns!”" - Isaiah 52:7

I am so grateful for the "Good News" of the gospel and His grace and mercy that fits just right.  

Today, I am grateful she loves my shoes.  

No comments:

Post a Comment