Wednesday, April 10, 2019

God's Timing

Year 7-Day 100: Today, I am grateful for God's timing.

God's timing is not my timing. I do not understand it. I can't. He is God and I am not. 

There are times I grow weary or frustrated because I can't hurry God. I want Him to work things out on my perfectly planned schedule. In short, I want them my way. 

There are some real problems with "my way". I do not have "God Goggles". I cannot always see what he sees. Remember, there is a big picture and a huge puzzle that he is putting together with the hope that more will come to know him as Lord. 

Each of our stories is a short story. We are a part of His plan and we can be an asset to the kingdom, or a detriment. We more clearly see His hand when we learn to say, "Thy will be done." 

Submission and obedience do not lead to misery. In fact, just the opposite. I was reminded recently of Paul and Silas sitting in jail after a beating for the gospel. They were found singing. Singing? Yes, singing. 

Around midnight Paul and Silas were praying and singing hymns to God, and the other prisoners were listening. -Acts 16:25

Instead of choosing misery, they chose to sing. God sent an earthquake breaking their chains, but they did not run. They stayed to share the gospel with the jailor and his family. Their chains did not make them helpless and they knew it. They were confident that God was bigger than their situation. 

They trusted his timing. We can trust His timing, too. 

When we were utterly helpless, Christ came at just the right time and died for us sinners. Now, most people would not be willing to die for an upright person, though someone might perhaps be willing to die for a person who is especially good. But God showed his great love for us by sending Christ to die for us while we were still sinners. -Romans 5:6-8

Embrace the wonder of it. Celebrate the hope. We are can be truly free because of his perfect timing. 

Today, I am grateful for God's timing.

No comments:

Post a Comment