Saturday, November 21, 2020

Northern Lights

 

Year 8-Day 326: Today, I’m grateful for the Northern Lights.

This year, I chose "light" for my one little word to ponder. As a child, I am sure I remember seeing a glimpse of them. I did a little research and yes, it is not impossible. I remember dancing greens and purples on the horizon. Magical. Growing up in the country, we didn't have light pollution. We witnessed heaven and nature singing. 

I have seen the full glory of the Northern Lights in movies and and in news clips. I am grateful for the videographers whose passion is to capture them in all of their majesty. What a sight it is to behold in video and in photographs. Again, I am reminded that our Creator loves order... but he seems to delight in artistic expression, too. 

It seems as if light is one of God's favorite tools. As a hobby photographer, light makes or breaks a photo. It doesn't matter how creative we are in setting up a picture, if the light is wrong... Photoshop and Lightroom can only help so much when the shadows are bad. Finding the perfect light changes everything about a photograph. 

Jesus told us to "walk in the light":

Jesus replied, “My light will shine for you just a little longer. Walk in the light while you can, so the darkness will not overtake you. Those who walk in the darkness cannot see where they are going. Put your trust in the light while there is still time; then you will become children of the light. -John 12:35-36

Heaven and nature will continue to sing His praises, but He longs for us to sing them, too. Nature's light shows remind me to never lose my sense of wonder about His power and majesty. He was playing with light long before he breathed life into dust. The Northern Lights might be an earthly sneak peek into Heaven's colors. 

Today, I’m grateful for the Northern Lights.


No comments:

Post a Comment