Thursday, November 26, 2020

Thanksgiving

 "Year 8-Day 331: Today, I’m grateful for Thanksgiving Day.

Today is my favorite holiday of the year. I love Christmas, too, but there are so many other things to get in order and get "right" on Christmas. Thanksgiving is family, food and gratitude. 

I am so grateful for the chance to pause and ponder all of God's blessings. Yes, even in 2020. Keeping "the train of track" this year may feel like a struggle. The struggle is real, but beyond the trials, most of us have more than we need and people to share our time, our lives and our homes. 

When we are truly grateful, we cannot help but respond with giving. First with "thanks". Then, with giving. It is pretty simple.

"The Lord is my strength and shield. I trust him with all my heart. He helps me, and my heart is filled with joy. I burst out in songs of thanksgiving." -Psalm 28:7

It is up to us to take a moment to reflect. When it feels like my gratitude attitude is fading, I must pause to remember the times before when God was faithful. He is our defender and shield. He knows our needs and meets us where we are. He delights in providing us with good things. 

Today, I’m grateful for Thanksgiving Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment