Saturday, November 14, 2020

Walker

 Year 8-Day 319: Today, I’m grateful for Walker.

Today, our youngest son is 24. In a blink they go from babies to married men. Each year goes by a little faster. Birthdays are a great time to pause and reflect on the gift of another year. Our babies' birthdays are even sweeter. The gift of a child is one of God's greatest blessings

Walker's wit, wisdom and wonderings have kept us on our toes from the start. Watching him take in the world around him, asking questions and connecting dots meant we all had to be ready for his next question or observation. He learns quickly and easily shares what he knows. His generous and gentle heart is one of my favorite features. 

When our children become adults, we don't love them any less. We still want to protect them from struggles and pain, but life is full of curveballs. This year... in May... he said "I do", not letting 2020 steal the joy of marrying the love of his life. This picture is a first look moment with his bride. He knows what it means to cherish. He loves fiercely. 

I will always be grateful for the gift of Walker. He was loved from the moment we knew he was on the way.

"You made all the delicate, inner parts of my body and knit me together in my mother’s womb.: -Psalm 139:13

Knit uniquely together... by God's perfect design. Deeply loved and forever treasured. Children are a gift from the Lord.  

Today, I’m grateful for Walker.

No comments:

Post a Comment