Thursday, August 11, 2022

Chase

 



Daily Gratitude Year 10-Day 224: Today, I am grateful for  Chase.

Chase made us parents. He is the best of big brothers to Walker. He is kind, compassionate, loyal and does not like attention drawn to himself.  He looks like his Dad, but he is a mix of Randy and me. I love so much about him, I don't know where to start. And,  probably the list is far more interesting to me than it is to anyone else. 

I am always amazed that first born children survive. They are raised by people with relatively no experience. They are over parented at times and other times, we forget they are kids. Somehow, Chase managed it all. We are grateful for the love and grace he has extended us over the years. 

Adult children are so much fun. I miss having the house full at times, but there is a reason God gives us different seasons at different ages. 

Right now... at this moment... one of my favorite things about Chase is how he loves his sweet and beautiful wife, Emma.  Love is a choice  we make daily.   These are some of my favorite pictures of them, taken one Fourth of July.

I love seeing them choose each other every day. They constantly consider each other's preferences. Love is so much bigger than grand gestures. Lasting love is in the little things. The ordinary moments are the extraordinary ones.

As Chase celebrates another year, I have to pause and give thanks that God allowed us to be his parents. Our hearts are still so full. 

"Children are a gift from the Lord; they are a reward from him." -Psalm 127:3

Yes, our children are gifts.

Today, I am grateful for  Chase.

No comments:

Post a Comment