Sunday, August 14, 2022

Encouraging Music

 

Daily Gratitude Year 10-Day 227: Today, I am grateful for encouraging music.

I find driving a great time to pray. There are no interruptions most of the time and when I have music on, it is typically Christian Contemporary music. It is crazy how many times God affirms or speaks to me through music. Sometimes, a song connects the dots.  I am sure I am not alone. 

"10,000 Reasons" is an old song. It was popular in 2012 when I prayed through the decision to make a job change. That song has become very, very special. Tonight, I was praying out loud, seeking guidance and what came on the radio? "10,000 Reasons" followed by Mathew West's, "What if?". They were the right songs and the right time as our local radio station labels them. 

How many times do we cry out to the Father in prayer, but we do not pause to listen for His answer. We pray and move on to the next task. Dad always said, "The Holy Spirit is a gentleman. He will not force himself." We have to pause, listen and "open the door". 

"Look! I stand at the door and knock. If you hear my voice and open the door, I will come in, and we will share a meal together as friends.   -Revelation 3:20  

  For me, music is a place I can find clear direction, conviction and a closer walk. I love writing notes and journaling in my Bible for the intimacy of the conversation. There are times I write song lyrics in the margins when inspiration strikes. I wonder if the artist felt guided by the same scripture? 

If music is not your thing, where do you connect? You know when you are plugged in. 

Today, I am grateful for encouraging music.

No comments:

Post a Comment