Tuesday, August 16, 2022

Examples of Humility

 

Daily Gratitude Year 10-Day 228: Today, I am grateful for examples of humility.

One of the things that becomes more beautiful with age is examples of true humility. It is so easy to get caught up in building ourselves up. I can become a real trap. I have always loved the quote someone gave me as a teen. "When God seems far away, who moved? " As we pursue our own ways, His Way can be ignored. 

This scripture is a perfect reminder. It reflects the heart of Jesus. God's best is always better than my big ideas.  Always.  It isn't always instant. 

But, “Let the one who boasts boast in the Lord.” For it is not the one who commends himself who is approved, but the one whom the Lord commends. -2 Corinthians 10:17-18

My friend, Roxanne, posted a picture from her magical flower garden. Look what she and her honey found on the milkweed plant? They are watching expectantly for this one with humble beginnings to become a butterfly.  We will watch with her. Keep posting Roxanne. 

Today, I am grateful for examples of humility.

No comments:

Post a Comment