Monday, August 8, 2022

The Good News

 Daily Gratitude Year 10-Day 220: Today, I am grateful for a little good news.

The Journal Star posted two positive articles that touched my heart today. One was about my dear, sweet Cleve who joined Jesus just over a week ago. It reflected on the way he loved like Jesus and it showed in everything he did. So good to see good news. Even though the loss of Cleve feels deep and tragic, the legacy of living a life in Christ is so rich and beautiful, it softens the grief.

https://www.pjstar.com/.../retired-peoria.../65390179007/

I smiled when the article mentioned his hunting for arrowheads. I had just mentioned to my Sister-in-Love Jennifer and Cousin Angie about my friend Cleve's arrowhead collecting, when we saw some arrowheads at a flea market. Thinking of Cleve will always bring a smile, even if the smiles come with a few tears for a season. Then, a second article on my sweet amiga, Maria "Chayo" Miranda. She and her husband, Luis, are incredibly hard working people in our community. They have opened a Mexican specialty shop in Peoria on Prospect that is making it through all of the challenges of this economic season. She is our Health Professional at Morton Jr. High and she is absolutely the best! The Journal Star article focuses on several businesses that have fought to survive opening through the pandemic as new businesses. She is by Asada Fries on Prospect. It is an adorable little shop full of Mexican wares and flare.

I will link the articles. Enjoy them.

https://www.pjstar.com/.../peoria-business.../65390511007/

Here is the best news of all:

"but he said to them, “I must preach the good news of the kingdom of God to the other towns as well; for I was sent for this purpose.” -Luke 4:43

Today, I am grateful for a little good news.



No comments:

Post a Comment