Saturday, August 27, 2022

Prayer Partners

 

Year 10-Day 239 - Today, I am grateful for prayer partners.

We are better together.  I am so grateful for those who partner with us in our prayers and petitions before the throne of His grace and mercy. 

There is something special that occurs when we pray together. It is an honor and a privilege to bring our cares to Him, knowing He is present. 

Why do we wait? Why to we hesitate? Because of His work on the cross, the veil was torn giving us direct access with our prayers. Jesus taught us to pray so we would have a pattern to follow. Then, He revealed the power of praying together. 

“I also tell you this: If two of you agree here on earth concerning anything you ask, my Father in heaven will do it for you. For where two or three gather together as my followers, I am there among them.”-Matthew 18:19-21

 Jesus was physically with them when he spoke these words.  I wonder if they echoed in their minds as they hid in the upper room after his crucifixion? 

He encourages them to pray together in  unity and with a common purpose. He, also, taught us to pray "Thy will be done."   Are these two passages contradictory? Not when we submit our prayers passionately seeking to be in His perfect will and following His purpose. 

He never said there would not be hard days. He did promise us we could gather together to voice our hearts desires.  We are better together. 

Today, I am grateful for prayer partners.

No comments:

Post a Comment