Monday, June 24, 2019

Ice Cream

Daily Gratitude Year 7-Day 174: Today, I am grateful for we don't have to live in a world without ice cream. 

My amazing daughter-in-love, Emma, taught me something when she started dating my son. "There's always room for ice cream. Ice cream goes in a different stomach." Although, she may not be anatomically correct in her description... it is what she knows in her heart that makes her statement brilliant. 

"Without ice cream, there would be chaos and darkness." -unknown author

Truth, right? Knowing the sweetness and the wonder of Baskin Robbins many flavors, there is something for everyone. There are sugar-free options for those with health issues and sherbets for those who are lactose intolerant. 

Chocolate Peanut butter is one of my forever favorites, but the Great American Popcorn Company on Main Street in our little village has a little bit of magic called "This Sh#*! Is Getting Serious!" It is my current craving. I cannot imagine a world without ice cream because I have known its goodness. 

It makes me wonder how the disciples and followers of Jesus faced the reality of a world without Jesus? After his resurrection, he made it clear his time was short. He tried to make the most of the moments that remained, but the earth clock was ticking. Imagine their distress.

Those of us who have never walked with Jesus in human form can only imagine it. We haven't lived it, but they had. They were facing another season of loss and separation from their beloved savior. 

Jesus promised there was something better coming. He would send His Spirit to be with them every day and in ever way. He, also, promised that the separation from Him physically, was only temporary. He would return in a cloud of glory, but for a season, Jesus would not be present as they had known him. Jesus made them a promise:

Don’t let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God, and trust also in me. There is more than enough room in my Father’s home. If this were not so, would I have told you that I am going to prepare a place for you?When everything is ready, I will come and get you, so that you will always be with me where I am. -John 14:1-3

That is as good as it gets!  

If heaven is a perfect place... there must be ice cream. 😊

Today, I am grateful for we don't have to live in a world without ice cream. 

No comments:

Post a Comment