Tuesday, June 25, 2019

Welcome Mats

Daily Gratitude Year 7-Day 175: Today, I am grateful for welcome mats. 

Not just the cute rugs you put at the front door, but the feeling of being welcome in another's home. Do they still use the phrase "Roll out the welcome mat?"

The invitation into another's home... their space... is a gift. It is one we can easily give and it is good to accept an invitation, too. Relationship grow stronger when we share our homes, our food and our lives. 

'Don’t forget to show hospitality to strangers, for some who have done this have entertained angels without realizing it!" -Hebrews 13:2


I have always adored this scripture. It reminds me to not worry so much about the dust and to be welcoming to the unexpected visitors. Angels unaware... imagine that!  It would be a much bigger deal than "Undercover Boss". 

I have some mats... but they are not all that cute and welcoming. Perhaps I should look for something that truly says, "Come on in. We are glad you are here."  Of course, Daisy Mae is our official tail wagging, welcome committee. 

Today, I am grateful for welcome mats... and wagging tails. 


No comments:

Post a Comment