Wednesday, June 19, 2019

Real Comfort

Daily Gratitude Year 7-Day 169: Today, I am grateful for real comfort.

Real comfort. It is that place where you can fully be yourself with no worry of misinterpretations or misunderstandings. It is sweatpants, a warm cup of coffee (or tea),favorite people,  a good book and cozy nooks. 

Jane Austin says it well:
"Ah! There is nothing like staying at home for real comfort." 

Still, there are times we have to endure the storms.

The rains pour down... again... but the roof doesn't leak and the sump pump is working. I have an umbrella. Real comfort is having what you need, even in the rain. 

I am reminded in the scriptures that real comfort comes from the Good Shepherd.

 "The Lord is my shepherd; I have all that I need." -Psalm 23:1 (NLT)

All that I need comes from His presence. He is with us in trials and in times of plenty. He calms our fears and makes the shadows not so scary. He invites us to eat at the Father's table. He longs to walk with us... all the way home. He keeps the scary things at bay. 

"Draw near to God, and he will draw near to you." -James 4:8

In Him, we find a stillness that the world cannot steal or buy. The comforter has come. 

Today, I am grateful for real comfort.

No comments:

Post a Comment