Monday, December 21, 2020

I Have Seen The Star

 
Year 8-Day 356: Today, I am grateful I have seen the star.

Not really a star, but it looks like one. I captured this image... not the best...  but enough to capture the memory. You can see the two separate planets coming together on this special night. 

It reminds me of the night the Wisemen tried to explain what they saw and what they sensed in the Matthew 2 passage.

"Then Herod summoned the wise men secretly and ascertained from them what time the star had appeared. And he sent them to Bethlehem, saying, “Go and search diligently for the child, and when you have found him, bring me word, that I too may come and worship him.” Matthew 2:7-8

They had to make a choice. They would follow the star and find the child. They chose not to turn him over to the evil King Herod. They sensed something far bigger than earthly kings when they knelt in the presence of the baby Jesus. They knew in their hearts He was special. They saw the star and made their choices.  

We, too, must choose. 

Today, I am grateful I have seen the star.

No comments:

Post a Comment