Friday, December 11, 2020

Toothpaste

 Year 8-Day 346: Today, I am grateful for Closys.

Appetizers are in season. So many of them have that sprinkle of onion. The are yummy, but leave the mouth feeling less than fresh. Salsa is the other favorite food that makes fresh breath feel like an endless pursuit.  

Our dentist gave us our first sample of Closys. It is a mouth wash that neutralizes yuck mouth. I like the gentle mint flavor from drops of peppermint oil. It is not sweet. Just fresh. No sugar. It is neutralizing. 

Bad breath is not new. When Job was so sick and miserable, he mentions that it repulsive to his wife:

"My breath is repulsive to my wife. I am rejected by my own family." -Job 19:17


Back then, Job did not have all the modern conveniences like mints, gum or mouthwash. It is one of those modern luxuries we don't think about very often... until we need it. 

Today, I am grateful for Closys.

No comments:

Post a Comment