Monday, December 28, 2020

The Swedish Concept of Lagom

Year 8-Day 363: Today, I am grateful for the Swedish word and concept of lagom. 

Lagom is pronounced like "law" with out the "w" and replace the "m" in "mom" with a "g". It compliments the Danish concept of hygge. Lagom is the opinion that something is not too little and not too much. It is "just right". 

This captured my attention. A few years ago I chose the word "enough" to ponder and pray on for the year. Honestly, it turned out to be one of my favorite "one little word" journeys. In a land of abundance, it is good to pause and really contemplate what is enough. 

Just right. Perfect portions. Not too hard. Not too soft. Lagom can be applied to many things. 

I love this scripture that reminds us that God is our portion. He is perfect and He is our "enough". 

"... but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever." -Psalm 73:26b

As the holiday seasons are filled with abundance of food, gifts and things to do... it is good to reflect on the things at that are just right. Lagom!

Today, I am grateful for the Swedish word and concept of lagom.

No comments:

Post a Comment