Friday, February 19, 2021

Glass Drinking Glasses

 

Year 9- Day 50: Today, I am grateful for glass drinking glasses. 

I don't like drinking out of plastic. It isn't a "nails on a chalkboard" reaction. I can drink from plastic, but I much prefer the old fashioned glass made of glass. I am not much of a milk drinker, but when I have milk, it must be very cold and served in glass. 

Glass drinking glasses don't easily stain making them easy to clean. They survive hot soapy water well. They are a healthy option for drinking water, too. In fact, glass water bottles are very popular at the moment. They are earth friendly options. 

So many fear the fragility of glass, but what good is an item if it is never used or enjoyed? Broken glass sweeps up and when followed by a mop, the floor is made safe once again. 

Glass is one of my favorite things. It can break, but most glass is tougher than it looks. The correct glass can even impact the taste of some beverages. 

Revelations 21 has a couple of references to glass and crystal. In fact, we often hear people mention "the pearly gates and streets of gold":  

"The twelve gates were made of pearls—each gate from a single pearl! And the main street was pure gold, as clear as glass." -Revelation 21:21

 So the roads of gold are as clear as glass? What a magnificent sight. 

I love glass because it can withstand the heat. Many of our coffee makers have glass carafes. For many years we had coffee mugs made from cut glass that were always popular with guests. They were hearty and kid friendly. They were wonderful for hot cocoa because glass cleans up well. 

A simple item, but my gratitude is big. 

Today, I am grateful for glass drinking glasses. 


No comments:

Post a Comment