Saturday, February 6, 2021

Sweet friendships

 Year 9- Day 37: Today, I am grateful for sweet friendships. 

Someone once said, "Some people take the heart right out of you... and others put it back again." Relationships can be complicated. I am thankful for the ones that are simple, easy and true. 

I am blessed with the gift of some long and seasoned friendships. Yes... friends who have stayed friends in all seasons. 

On the days I want to turn off social media and never return, I pause because it has been a place to reconnect with life long friends. Childhood, teen, college years and even the friends I met early on in our life her in the Peoria area. Changes in jobs and housing mean it gets harder to connect with old friends. 

For all the bad stuff on social media, I am grateful for the sweet friendships that refresh the soul. 

There are, also, new friendships that do that refresh the soul, too. People who are different from us remind us that God made all of us unique. It is a beautiful thing. 

People need people. That has been one of the great miseries in this pandemic. We miss human contact. 

Just as lotions and fragrance give sensual delight, a sweet friendship refreshes the soul. -Proverbs 27:9 (MSG)

Today, I am grateful for sweet friendships. 

No comments:

Post a Comment