Monday, February 22, 2021

Scatter Not Gather

 

Year 9- Day 53: Today, I am grateful we can choose to scatter not gather. 

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you've lived." -Helen Walton

It is true. An accumulation of stuff can weigh us down. There is a freedom in living simply, but learning to live simply is an art. It takes practice. It takes turning off the television and taking in our surroundings, looking for the uncomplicated.

 I don't profess to have mastered the art of simple living. I still gather when I should scatter at times. But, every day is a chance to try again. 

"Let all that you do be done in love." - 1 Corinthians 14:16

Scatter hope and joy. Whatever we do... do it with love.  

Today, I am grateful we can choose to scatter not gather. 


No comments:

Post a Comment