Thursday, February 25, 2021

What I Cannot See

 

Year 9- Day 56: Today, I am grateful we can trust when we cannot see.

The book of Job has a heavy dose tough stuff, yet woven in the pages are some wonderful gems. Job suffered. In his suffering, he remained faithful to the God he knew to be true. 

At one point, Job was offered these words from his friend', Elihu. Some of his friends words were helpful; others were hurtful. I do like this thought about humans trying to grasp God's justice. There are times it is beyond our reach and understanding.

Teach me what I do not see; -Job 34:32

The trouble was Elihu did not understand the whole picture. Job's suffering was not God's justice. Still, I love the thought of asking God to "teach us what we do not see". Many times, the circumstances before us make no sense. Some things we will not understand "this side of heaven" as a friend of mine used to say. 

Learning to trust is often the point of the lesson. Peter once responded to Jesus with frustration:

"Simon (Peter) answered, “Master, we’ve worked hard all night and haven’t caught anything. But because you say so, I will let down the nets.” -Luke 5:5 NIV

There are things we cannot see. There are many times not being able to see is more of a gift than a handicap. We can trust His hand and His heart. Even in the craziest times. In learning to trust, there is peace.

Today, I am grateful we can trust when we cannot see.

No comments:

Post a Comment