Saturday, February 27, 2021

He Collects Our Tears

 

Year 9- Day 58: Today, I am grateful He counts our tears.

"You have kept count of my tossings; put my tears in your bottle. Are they not in your book?"  -Psalm 56:8

What a beautiful passage from the Psalms. We all have seasons when tears are plentiful. Crying when our heart aches is often because we have known great love. 

We cry when our children hurt. We cry when they leave for college. We cry when our pets die. We cry when we can't help a parent. We cry when we are overwhelmed. We cry when we feel alone. We cry when a loved one dies.

Not all tears are because we hurt. 

I love to watch videos of soldiers surprising loved ones with homecomings. The overwhelming joy of a new baby brings us to tears... or a marriage proposal. Some tears come because we can't stop our laughter. Yes, overwhelming joy makes our eyes leak, too. 

The image of our tears collected, counted and noted warms my heart.  The sorrows and those moments that move our souls. Each one matters to our God. 

Today, I am grateful He counts our tears.

No comments:

Post a Comment