Tuesday, February 2, 2021

Smiles

 

Year 9- Day 33: Today, I am grateful for smiles.

Who knew that smiles were so special? I miss smiles. I long for the day we can see full faces again. What a sweet celebration that will be. 

"Better to be the one who smiled than the one who didn't smile back." 

Remember, no political commentary here. Only gratitude. I am simply choosing to remember the beauty of a smiling face.

I've always been drawn to eyes, the windows to the soul. I didn't realize how much I genuinely enjoyed smiles until they were covered up. Smiles are inviting and warm. They help us invite conversation and human connection. 

There is nothing like a smile to encourage another. When speaking publicly, a smile in the audience is a gift. A child's smile is an open invitation to start a new friendship. Remember the Oreo commercial? Two children who speak different languages, but come together with Oreos and smiles. 

We love the image of God smiling on us:

May the Lord smile on you and be gracious to you. -Numbers 6:25

Smiles help us build bridges and  feelings of community.

Today, I am grateful for smiles.


No comments:

Post a Comment