Thursday, February 4, 2021

Window Defrosters

 


Year 9- Day 35: Today, I am grateful for window defrosters... so we can see clearly.

The next two weeks are forecasted as bitter cold. They often get the snow predictions wrong, but the cold seems to be accurate. I am not excited. That is the honest truth. The deep cold is painful. 

I know the cold is part of God's perfect design, but like bell bottom pants... I am not a fan. 

Today, I had to clean off my car twice after work. I was reminded quickly how wonderful it is to have window defrosters. When the roads are slick, clear vision is so important. We need to be able to react quickly when danger is in front of us. 

They say, "Love will thaw a frozen heart.", but car windows need a little help. 

Winter can literally bring us to a place where we must pause and wait. It is a reminder of God's power and his majesty. We can ignore Him, but nature cannot help but shout out his power and glory. When the temperature is sub zero this weekend, with winds making it even colder... I will try to remember it is a display of His power. Some parts of nature need the winter's freeze. 

"For ever since the world was created, people have seen the earth and sky. Through everything God made, they can clearly see his invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature. So they have no excuse for not knowing God." -Romans 1:20

His invisible qualities leave me in awe. I am grateful for the luxuries that help us through the winter months.

Today, I am grateful for window defrosters... so we can see clearly.

No comments:

Post a Comment