Saturday, November 6, 2021

An Extra Hour Back

 

Daily Gratitude Year 9 - Day 310: Today, I am grateful for that extra hour back.

What to do with an extra hour? At this season of my life, sleep. An extra hour of rest seems to be what is needed most. Remember when we thought we were too old for naps? Now, I relish any opportunity to rest. 

I think my body would be happier if we skipped the spring forward. I don't really love the early nightfall that comes with ending the daylight savings time, but we can't have it both ways. Today, I will choose to celebrate getting an hour back. 

Time is a funny thing. Our parents and grandparents said the years would go by faster as we grew older.  They were right, again.

The hours keep ticking and the days pass swiftly by. The holidays are really upon us. Thanksgiving is a favorite of mine. A whole day dedicated to being thankful is always a good idea. It will be here soon enough. I don't want to forget the value of this one day. The one in front of me is 25 hours long. 

For everything there is a season, a time for every activity under heaven. A time to be born and a time to die. A time to plant and a time to harvest. A time to kill and a time to heal. A time to tear down and a time to build up. -Ecclesiastes 3:1-3

There is something extra special about a little extra time. 

Today, I am grateful for that extra hour back.

No comments:

Post a Comment