Tuesday, November 9, 2021

Stain Removers

Daily Gratitude Year 9 - Day 313: Today, I am grateful for things that get the spots out.

Spots on my clothing plague me almost daily. It is always an accident. Sometimes spots are from cooking, drinking and eating. Some seem to appear out of nowhere.

I am not alone in this dilemma. A couple of my boys (one by birth and one born in my heart) have the same trouble. Stain removers are a part of the laundry routine. I hesitate to dry things, knowing a hot dryer can really set stains.

Hobby Lobby carries "Grandma's Secret Spot Remover". It has become a favorite in our house. Stain sticks can work well, too. Carbona Stain Devils are another good option. Because Dawn dish soap is a little bit magical, it gets used at times to pretreat cooking stains. There is always a sense of victory when I manage to get the spot out.

Some spots seem impossible to remove. Some items cannot be saved, and they end up in the garbage or rag bag. It is always a little sad when favorite items from the closet cannot be saved.

One of my favorite images from the scriptures is this one:

“Come now, let’s settle this,” says the Lord. “Though your sins are like scarlet, I will make them as white as snow. Though they are red like crimson, I will make them as white as wool." -Isaiah 1:18

Our Lord chose to pay the price for our sins. His blood washed away our sins, leaving us "as white as snow". Such a beautiful image.

His mercies are new every morning.

Today, I am grateful for things that get the spots out.


No comments:

Post a Comment