Sunday, November 21, 2021

Siblings

 



Daily Gratitude Year 9 - Day 325: Today, I am grateful for siblings.

I keep coming back to where we were a week ago. My brother and I were making some tough decisions. It was good to walk with Matthew in harmony. Losing a sibling so young, my brother and I know how quickly life can change. We'd rather choose love. 

When life throws curve balls, sibling support is really special. I remember when we would have a child care hole, Jennifer would figure out way to come and help. The boys were never disappointed in her company. 

When our children lost most of their Smith grandparents very young, Uncle Monte and Aunt Jan filled that hole (and some special church couples). Randy's siblings all live far away. Time with them is treasured, and always fun. It seems too many of our gatherings happen because of a loss. 

When we have celebrations and sorrows, it is good to be with our brothers and sisters by birth, in love, in law and in Christ. This week, we will spend time remembering Lola's husband, Ken. We are grateful to be with family. Grief shared is divided sorrow. Shared joy is multiplied. Amazing how God made that work.

Today, I am grateful for siblings.

No comments:

Post a Comment