Saturday, June 4, 2022

Fresh Flower Bouquets

 

Daily Gratitude Year 10- Day 156: Today, I am grateful for fresh flower bouquets. 

This week, my zinnias are popping up through the ground and blooms will begin to show up in a little over a month. I get so excited at the promise of fresh flowers. My daylilies will be blooming soon. I can see why humans have long found value in flower gardens. They are good for the soul! 

This week, I received two fresh flower bouquets to celebrate my new job. One from one of my dearest friends for the past ten years, Clara Jo, and another from Brother Matt and Sister-in-Love Jennifer (We all know who probably called and ordered the flowers.).Seriously, there is nothing like fresh flowers to make a person feel loved and celebrated. 

One of my favorite passages for all of my life has been "consider the lilies of the fields..." It is a constant reminder that God has our days covered. We need not worry or fret. When things look grim or life feels like a struggle, God's not finished yet. 

Don't forget to stop and savor the fresh flowers and share a bouquet.

Today, I am grateful for fresh flower bouquets.



No comments:

Post a Comment