Tuesday, June 7, 2022

Tender, Responsive Hearts

 

Daily Gratitude Year 10- Day 158: Today, I am grateful for tender, responsive hearts.

"And I will give you a new heart, and I will put a new spirit in you. I will take out your stony, stubborn heart and give you a tender, responsive heart." -Ezekiel 36:26 NLT 

This is one of my favorite scriptures. I really like the NLT version. The imagery of a stubborn and stony heart being plucked out and replaced with a tender and responsive one always makes me smile. 

We are all works in progress. When we choose to believe in Jesus, we find new desires. We choose to chase after His heart, and not the things of this world. We are a long way from finished products, as we have not yet finished the race. We all have good days when we bear witness to the evidence of a changed life. Other days, the residual of the stony and stubborn rears its ugly head. 

There are days I want so much to "get it right", but feel like a failure. I forget it is His act of pure love, forgiveness and His grace that creates in us tender responsive hearts. He is the one with the power to change and refine us. Yes, we want to give Him our best efforts, but in the end... it is His power in us that changes everything. 

On our own, a perfect heart is impossible. In Him, nothing is impossible. 

Believe and receive that is the gift. 

Today, I am grateful for tender, responsive hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment