Monday, June 20, 2022

Sandals

 Daily Gratitude Year 10- Day 171: Today, I am grateful for sandals.

I was born barefoot and prefer to be that way, but things like jobs and grocery stores require shoes. Since I can't be barefoot, sandal season for me can begin as early as March if the weather permits and goes until late October or the first snow. I am convinced my toes need to breathe. From one sandal season to the next, the days in between are long.

I love Birkenstocks! They are so comfy and wear forever. Lately, Crocs and Sketchers Yoga Foam sandals are regulars on my feet. Oofos is another option for comfort and foot joy. My doctor once commented on my "freakishly high arches" which explains why once I find a good shoe or sandal that works, I tend to buy multiples. Then, I wear them until they fall apart.

Sandals have been around for thousands of years. They have changed with the fashions and with modern production speeding up the process of making sandals. They are always in demand. They are practical and sometimes quite pretty.

A couple of my favorite scriptures involve sandals. One is a moment when God is speaking directly to Moses via a burning bush.

“Do not come any closer,” the Lord warned. “Take off your sandals, for you are standing on holy ground." -Exodus 3:5

Such a moment that must have been! Imagine the shock and the awe, all at the same time. Moses did as he was told. He took off his sandals . He was, indeed, on holy ground.

If you encounter God speaking to you from a bush, take your sandals off. You neve know what ground He might make holy today.

Today, I am grateful for sandals.

No comments:

Post a Comment