Sunday, June 19, 2022

Good Fathers

 

Daily Gratitude Year 10- Day 170: Today, I am grateful for good fathers.

My sons are so blessed. They have had a great example of fatherhood.

The Love-of-my-Life has shown our boys so much of what it means to be a good man and a great father. I smile when I think about all the tasks he let them "help" with, that in turn, took twice as long to do. He enjoyed their company and it didn't really matter if the task took a little longer. It is how kids learn and learn to work. He still loves doing projects with them.

I smiled when "Good, Good Father" was a praise song today. The Love-of-my-Life always teases Walker that it is their special song. Walker just takes it in stride. Both boys know that their Dad's favorite place to be is with them.

"Fathers, do not provoke your children to anger by the way you treat them. Rather, bring them up with the discipline and instruction that comes from the Lord." -Ephesians 6:4

Such sound instruction! If you want to teach your children integrity, live with integrity. If you want to teach your children to work, work with them. If you want to teach your children to live a life with faith... learn His Word and walk in His Ways.

Good fathers are in short supply. Studies show again and again the importance of having a present father in a child's life when they are growing up. If we get to keep them around for part of our adulthood, we are doubly blessed.

Today, I am grateful for good fathers.

No comments:

Post a Comment