Tuesday, June 21, 2022

Rest In The Shadows


Daily Gratitude Year 10- Day 172: Today, I am grateful for rest in the shadows.

Another hot week. This scripture made me think about what it means to rest in the shadows.

There is a sense of cool retreat when we sit in the shade. The shadow doesn't hurt us. When the sun burns hot, it is good to find comfort in the shade. If we rest in the shadow of the Almighty, it is a shelter like no other.


"Those who live in the shelter of the Most High will find rest in the shadow of the Almighty." -Psalm 91:1 

Food, shelter and clothing are considered basic human needs. They are. Take them away and we don't survive long. 

I've never had any desire to be on the reality show "Naked and Afraid".  I'm not a fan of discomfort.  The show does remind us that covering our bodies gives us some protection from the elements. Clothing is not just about fashion. I've not watched the show often. I know there are times when sunburn is a real concern, when the climate offers little shade. 

I love the natural light of the sun. I thrive when the light is ample, but there are times it is good to pause and celebrate the shade of the shadows. 

Live, dwell, abide... celebrate   the shadow that reminds us our God is  near. 

Today, I am grateful for rest in the shadows.

No comments:

Post a Comment