Wednesday, June 22, 2022

Shared Power

 

Daily Gratitude Year 10- Day 173: Today, I am grateful for shared power.

We lost power at work this week for a chunk of the afternoon at the end of the day. I was quickly reminded of the blessing of back up generators. It is a form of shared power.  Everyone tried to reduce where we could to make what backup supply we had last longer.  It gave us time to finish some things and made sure no work was lost. I am grateful for those who have the insight to prepare us for those times when a backup power source is necessary. 

When the tornadoes tore through our community several years ago, we were without power for a significant amount of time. Our house is close to our next door neighbor's,  Jim and Susie. They have a generator. We do not. They shared their generator power to keep our fridge running and cold and  we were able to light some lamps. Such a gift! Shared power carried us through until the power returned. 

Another time I think of shared power is when I read the book of Acts in the Bible. For the ones who walked with Jesus closely, his return to heaven after resurrection must have been devastating. They must have felt as if they had lost their power source. But Jesus told them they would send His Spirit. He would not leave them orphans. They would see great things. 

"Jesus asked him, “Do you believe this just because I told you I had seen you under the fig tree? You will see greater things than this.”" - John 1:50

"No, I will not abandon you as orphans—I will come to you." -John 14:18

He did not not abandon them. His Spirit descended upon them on the Day of Pentecost and they knew they were plugged into His power.  They went out into the world to share the Good News of the Gospel of Jesus. They were excited and fearless.  The went out knowing His power would not fail them.  In life or in death...  His promises were true. 

Today, I am grateful for shared power.



No comments:

Post a Comment