Friday, March 10, 2023

A Good Explanation

 

Daily Gratitude Year Eleven- Day 69: Today, I am grateful for a good explanation. 

I grew up on Lucy re-runs in syndication. We could watch them after school and at odd hours. I think it appealed to a large crowd and people like to laugh. It wasn't my favorite, but I certainly have some favorite moments. 

Lucy and her BFF, Ethel, were constantly getting into trouble. Lucy seemed to attract it. Honestly, I don't know how Ricky ( Desi Arnez) kept from laughing at times. She used her facial expressions in ways most actresses never mastered.  

I loved any episode where Ricky would confront Lucy with his classic phrase, "Lucy! You've got some 'splainin'  to do!" And she would try and try. His patience and grace covered her. And at times, she reciprocated. Neither was perfect, but they kept trying. Love covered a multitude of mistakes. 

I love this passage:

"Instead, you must worship Christ as Lord of your life. And if someone asks about your hope as a believer, always be ready to explain it." -1 Peter 3:14 

We don't always have to be perfect, but we do need to be confident in what we believe. We do need to be ready to explain it. 

Today, I am grateful for a good explanation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment