Wednesday, March 1, 2023

My Portion Forever

Daily Gratitude Year Eleven- Day 60: Today, I am grateful He is my portion forever. 

I love this passage. 

My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. -Psalm 73:26

Today, one of my life-long friends, Sally,  celebrates her first birthday in heaven. 58 years ago today, she took her first earthly breath. 

She was one of thirteen... only a few siblings were younger than her. She had a way of taking care of people without making them feel "mothered." She knew how to bring people into relationship and she kept them there. I am grateful for the nearly 46 shared years. 

God blessed her with the most beautiful family. I know the ache for them is real and deep. I, also, know that she left them with the tools to get through the hard stuff in life.  Her husband posted a perfect tribute this morning. 

I don't have a clue how time is marked in heaven, but on earth, birthdays are mile markers. We pause and remember. 

It was a perfect March day. It came in like a lamb, for sure. 

I can't help but think of Sally being in the presence of the Lamb... fully restored and renewed. He is her portion forever... and He wants to be yours, too.   

Today, I am grateful He is my portion forever. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment