Wednesday, March 22, 2023

Healing Teas

Daily Gratitude Year Eleven- Day 81: Today, I am grateful there are  "leaves of the trees for healing." 

Ahh... the healing teas. I love my coffee and my cacao, but when there is illness or feeling a little "off", I go straight to the tea drawer. Mama Ina Mae and Uncle Lee taught me well. 

Mama and her brother, Lee,  were smart people who didn't have the opportunity for formal education beyond high school. They both loved books and sharing what they learned. The Bible was their favorite book, but they read many. 

The other topic they spoke of frequently was tea. They both loved it. I remember watching them drink it together. Mama Ina Mae was always fascinated by the healing properties of tea. Some would say, "It is all in your head" and a placebo effect. I think for many of the teas, science has caught up to the healing properties that were always there. 

This passage is perfect:

"Fruit trees of all kinds will grow on both banks of the river. Their leaves will not wither, nor will their fruit fail. Every month they will bear fruit, because the water from the sanctuary flows to them. Their fruit will serve for food and their leaves for healing.”-Ezekiel 47:12

We can get teas from leaves, bark, roots and other parts of plants. They bring us comfort... and joy. 

Today, I am grateful there are  "leaves of the trees for healing." 

No comments:

Post a Comment