Sunday, March 5, 2023

Words on the Wall

 

Daily Gratitude Year Eleven- Day 64: Today, I am grateful for words on the wall. 

I adore words on the wall! I always have. Only in recent decades has it been super popular in décor. I am grateful for this trend. 

Over the garage door entrance to our home, used mostly by family, I have "Always remember your faith, your manners... and the way home."  It was really meant to be an instruction for us and our son

I wanted them to remember their faith first. In the end, it is what matters most. Next, their manners. Manners matter. Manners are a way of acting in love and with a generous spirit. Manners help us keep order, and open the door for more important conversations. 

Lastly, I wanted them to never forget the way home.  Their home with us... and their heavenly home. They both have their own homes, but I hope they always feel at home in the home where they grew up. We love it when the nest is full. 

This scripture made me smile. It works perfectly. 

"Write these commandments that I’ve given you today on your hearts. Get them inside of you and then get them inside your children. Talk about them wherever you are, sitting at home or walking in the street; talk about them from the time you get up in the morning to when you fall into bed at night. Tie them on your hands and foreheads as a reminder; inscribe them on the doorposts of your homes and on your city gates." -Deuteronomy 6:6-7 (The Message)

Inscribe them. Read them. Let them dwell in your hearts and manifest in the way you walk, talk and live out your days. 

Today, I am grateful for words on the wall.

No comments:

Post a Comment