Sunday, March 19, 2023

Handmade with Heart

 Daily Gratitude Year Eleven- Day 78: Today, I am grateful for things handmade with heart. 

Knitting and crochet are not in my skill-set. I can't resist these cute little hats. The alpaca cracks me up. Seriously, who can look at the alpaca hat and not smile?

Things that are stitched, knit and woven by hand are really special. 

My dear friend, Holli, is an amazing quilter. She is constantly working on new projects. I love seeing what she is up to in her quilt room. I am so blessed to call one of her  quilts my own. Her quilts are almost always made with one person in mind. How can that not be a special gift? A handmade quilt literally wraps someone in warmth and love. 

My Sister-in-Love, Jennifer, has made us scarves and Aunt Bonnie always made the "scrubbies" we love in our kitchens. They are safe for all pans. The last year Aunt Bonnie was with us, she made them  and passed them out at Thanksgiving. Our adult children were happy to be included in her gift. Like her Mama(Grandma Opal Maxine), Aunt Bonnie loved to make things and give to every family. Now that Aunt Bonnie is gone, I am kind of sentimental about the ones I still have. 

Handmade things are special. Time, talent, and heart are woven into the gift. 

"I want them to be encouraged and knit together by strong ties of love. " -Colossians 2:2a

Today, I am grateful for things handmade with heart. 

No comments:

Post a Comment