Friday, January 12, 2018

Beautiful Reminders

Year 6-Day 12: Today, I am grateful for beautiful reminders.

This image is from Pinterest. It captures a bit of winter's magic. My eye goes to the kiss of winter sun and the reflection in the water. 

Isn't it amazing that we can all look at the same thing, but we see with different eyes? Today, I am reminded that an attitude adjustment changes everything.

"Ugh! Laundry piles!" means I have more than plenty to wear. 

"Toilets to scrub." means I live in a time of indoor plumbing and it works. 

"I can't find my keys, again." means I have a car to drive.

"The heat bill is high." means I have heat.

"I have to go to work." means I have a job. 

Little tasks that are repetitive and tedious are often overlooked reminders that our blessings are abundant and full. 

It is always a good day to pause and give thanks for the beautiful reminders of the abundance around us. Even in the coldest month of the year, our blessing cup if full. 

Some have more. Some have less. There is great joy that comes from learning to be content. Paul's letter to the Philippians has one of my favorite verses. 

"Not that I am speaking of being in need, for I have learned in whatever situation I am to be content. I know how to be brought low, and I know how to abound. In any and every circumstance, I have learned the secret of facing plenty and hunger, abundance and need.  I can do all things through him who strengthens me."-Philippians 4:11-13

When we choose to view what is given as enough. "Give us this day our daily bread." is how Jesus taught us to pray. 

There are so many beautiful reminders of our daily bread surrounding us every day. Gas in the fuel tank. Bread in the cupboard. Milk in the fridge. Shoes at the back door. A coat to ward off the cold. Chocolate for the soul. 

Today, I will not let my heart long for spring. I will savor the winter's pause and give thanks for the beautiful reminders of the not just the plenty, but the abundance. 


Today, I am grateful for beautiful reminders.



No comments:

Post a Comment