Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Comfy, Cozy PJ's

Year 6-Day 3: Today, I am grateful for comfy, cozy pajamas. 

When the temperatures dip far below zero... there is something extra sweet about comfy, cozy pajamas. From the moment we put them on at night... until the sad goodbye in the morning... comfy, cozy jammies are good. Very good. 

My favorite mornings are "jammie Saturdays". They are not every Saturday, as my Saturdays are filled with the things I can't get done during the work week. When they happen, they are a pure delight!

Soft to the touch and wrapped in warmth, they don't have to be fancy or even match to be wonderful. It isn't how they look, but how they feel that makes them special. Still, somehow, they make a person feel like a queen or king. 

I found a scripture that in my mind works perfectly. When we experience salvation and the restoration and freedom in forgiveness... it is like being wrapped in favorite pajamas. There is a feeling of being warm, relaxed, relieved and tucked into the power of His blood and grace under the shelter of His wings. There is an intimacy in the welcome of His forgiving arms that says, "Welcome home... I've been waiting for you to return to me." 

Here is the passage: 

"I will greatly rejoice in the Lord; my soul shall exult in my God, 
for he has clothed me with the garments of salvation;  -Isaiah 61:10a 

Think about it... "my soul shall exult in my God, for he has clothed me in the garments of salvation." For many like me... the apparel that make me feel like that is my favorite pajamas. Not too tight. Not too restrictive. Just right. 

Interesting that the rest of Isaiah 61:10 speaks far more regal clothing:

he has covered me with the robe of righteousness, as a bridegroom decks himself like a priest with a beautiful headdress, and as a bride adorns herself with her jewels." -Isaiah 61:10b

When he covers us with the robe of righteousness, it is a gift to those who believe and receive. We are instantly adopted into the family of God as joint heirs with Jesus. Yes, we become children of the King, and he sees us bedecked and bedazzled through eyes of love. We feel the cozy. 

Even as he chose us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and blameless before him. In love he predestined us[a]for adoption to himself as sons through Jesus Christ, according to the purpose of his will, to the praise of his glorious grace, with which he has blessed us in the Beloved. -Ephesians 1:4-6

His love and grace fills us and wraps us in the best homecoming ever. He sees us with the eyes of a loving Father, whatever mess we are in. He welcomes us with loving arms of comfort and joy at out return. He sees a treasured child ready to wear a crown... but for us... it feels like coming home to the best of warm and comfy. 

Today, I am grateful for comfy, cozy pajamas. 





No comments:

Post a Comment