Monday, January 8, 2018

Salt Truck Drivers

Year 6-Day 8: Today, I am grateful for the guys and gals who drive the salt trucks. 

I have a short commute. But most of my family, friends and co-workers have a commute of some sort. On days like today, praying for the safety and patience of every driver and passenger is prayer time well spent. 

I know we cringe at the salt on our vehicles, but the truth is... the men and women in those trucks are heroes in these winter months. They are out there getting the job done as fast as they can when emergency conditions happen. 

Salt changes the game for those who need to be out on the roads. 

Let us be patient with those driving the trucks and remember to plan for extra time so that we are not frazzled on the commute and at our arrival. 

This scripture popped into my head this morning. 

“You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled underfoot. -Matthew 5:13

I am reminded that how I choose to behave will make an impression, if not an impact on my little world. The choice to be good salt... or useless for nothing more than something to trample under our feet. 

Now today... a little salt under the feet and tires is a good thing. 

Today, I am grateful for the guys and gals who drive the salt trucks. 


No comments:

Post a Comment