Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Power of Planning

Year 6-Day 2: Today, I am grateful for the power of planning.

Looks like day two of savoring new planning calendars. To write down a schedule of things to do isn't just a great organizational tool, but it is an effective way to record learning along the way. 

I think my creative side is much more God honoring than the part of me that will over organize and micromanage things, adhering to strict rules. Still, when things need doing... a plan of attack is a powerful aide. Within each of us, there is a struggle to find that perfect balance. 

I am going to journal my way through the New Testament this year with some friends in an online group (thanks Jann Saulsberry & Robyn Bush).  It is a chronological walk through the NT... which I think I will really enjoy. I hope I can keep up. Whatever learning and study time is gained will be fruitful, because that is the way His Word works. I know it will lead to the illumination of undocumented points of gratitude and new discoveries of His marvelous ways. There is a documented plan revealed each month. 

Do we plan to pray? Today, I have several close to me who are grieving or watching as a loved one hangs in the balance between this world and eternity. One goodbye was to a father of great faith and many years. Most of their tears are in joy and gratitude for his life. 

 Another,  whose life hangs in the balance, is one I have loved my whole life... in every season. God will grant him healing and a reprieve or he will take him home for some special reunions. 

One of my sweet sisters (a sister in-love, in Christ, in song and in-law) has lost two friends swiftly and without warning...a close friend of more than thirty years and the other her worship team sister in song... all in 48 hours time. It is a reminder to plan to pray fervently for the grieving, that His mercies might be clearly seen, even in sorrow. That the shadow of death will depart to make way for perfect peace. 

Oh yes, there is power in planning. Planned prayer time, planned study time, planned house management and planned relationship time. Some of these come naturally. Others are areas, I need work! I can develop them with diligence.  It is a new year, right? 

This scripture was my verse of the day. 

So teach us to number our days that we may get a heart of wisdom.-Psalm 90:12

This verse is one that I love. It is a daily reminder that we all have a dash. We know the date of our birth, but not the day of our final breath. What will we do with the days inbetween? 

Will we fill them with meaningless things and what is most important? The temptation is there. I have a television, phone and multiple ways to access the internet, Facebook and Pinterest. The TV, internet, Facebook and Pinterest are not bad in themselves. It is my choice to use them for good, for not so good... or simply letting it waste my time. 

This quote has been a favorite of mine for many years. It reminds me that I need to fully embrace every day. 

"Dance like nobody's watching.
Sing like nobody's listening.
Love like you've never been hurt.

Live each day as if it were your last." 

Don't live to plan... plan to live. As my friend, Darla, uses as a tagline... "no regrets". Make a plan... but always welcome Spirit led interruptions. 

Today, I am grateful for the power of planning.




No comments:

Post a Comment