Saturday, January 13, 2018

Happy Accidents

Year 6-Day 13: Today, I am grateful for "Happy Accidents". 


Randy felt bad because it was a new flour sack towel. 

They are my favorites in the kitchen because they are 100% lint free. They are perfect for glasses I hand wash and everything else. 

He accidently bumped the Scentsy warmer and red wax splattered, with some landing on the new towel. It was really no big deal. It was just a towel. 

When the towel was washed dried, as I was folding it I noticed that the wax stain was in the shape of a perfect, pudgy little heart. I could not have planned that way if I had tried. So, I grabbed the permanent markers and added an outline and some embellishment. 

Sometimes accidents happen and things must be thrown away. Sometimes, happy little accidents happen reminding us not to miss the sweet, serendipitous moments in life. 

There are no mistakes, just happy accidents. -Bob Ross

I think artist, Bob Ross, got it right. 

How many times do I get so caught in the fretting that I forget to look for the reason to smile.How many heart shaped stains do I miss in my hurry? 

I am reminded of Jesus example.He didn't seem to ever be in much of a hurry, yet his timing was always perfect. I am pretty sure I need to slow down and pay closer attention to His lead. I could not find the word "accident" or even "inadvertently" anywhere in the Bible. Perhaps my little happy accidents are truly "God Winks". He is good. 

"If you then, who are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask him!" -Matthew 7:11 

When we walk in relationship with him, we begin to see his generosity unfold. Our vision clears so that we can see the heart beyond the stain.

Today, I am grateful for "Happy Accidents". 

2 comments:

  1. Your title made me think how could be an accident considered as 'happy' but as I read through the blog, I thoroughly enjoyed the read. Will surely share with my Denver Colorado Lawyers team.

    ReplyDelete