Saturday, January 20, 2018

Reunions

Year 6-Day 20:Today, I am grateful for the blessing of reunions.
These past two days we have gathered to remember my Uncle Mel and say “until we meet again”. As people came to offer their sympathies to my cousins, his grandchildren and the extended family... it was an evening and day of reunions.
At one point I paused and took a minute to take in the sight. So many people talking, hugging, reminiscing and catching up. All came for the purpose of sharing sympathies,
Stories and remembering someone special. When you are “country”, each loss is felt by the community. Yes, the roots run deep.
Some faces I had not seen in more than 30 years. Others were familiar and beloved for all of my childhood. Uncle Mel’s schoolmates,
fellow farmers, business associates and children he helped get to church, now adults.
We gathered to mourn a loss... but in the undercurrent was the joy of heavenly reunions. Faith, family and friends... and fellowship. So much gratitude for a life well lived.
Marj Atelevich Fremouw ... thank you for coming. What a special reunion. Uncle Mel would be grinning that big grin.
Quick post from the road.
Today, I am grateful for the blessing of reunions... hear and in heaven. ❤️

No comments:

Post a Comment